Besides work and school, we haven't done anything too exciting. I think January is the hardest month to live through because it's cold and dark most of the time. I just feel like staying indoors wrapped in a quilt and enjoying a good book, (which is pretty much what I have been doing!) Well, we did venture outdoors and took some pictures while we walked around campus. Here's some pictures of a true Boilermaker. The statue stands outside the football stadium. It's huge.

The sky was nice and blue that day. It might look nice and warm....and don't let Nels in his T-shirt deceive you! It was still a cold day! Nels rarely wears a coat and thinks everyday is warm. It must be that Swedish blood!

And here's the history on the Boilermaker. I hope you can read it. The flash on my camera kind of makes it hard to read.

So that was a fun date on campus.
I was just looking at some other pictures. Before Christmas, Nels and I tried to take our own picture to send with Christmas cards, but it didn't turn out too well. We used the timer on the camera, but we don't have a tripod. So we stacked books on a chair and then the flash was messing up the picture. I didn't really like any of the pictures enough to send them out. But for laughs, here's what we ended up with.
Testing, one, two, three.. "Wait, Becky aren't you supposed to be in this too?"
Oops I cut my head off, there's a huge light by me, and what is that....oh my fake smile!
Nels is thinking, "Are we almost done? How many do we have to take?"
Nels is thinking, "Maybe if I smile really big, we can stop taking these pictures!"

Oh well. We gave up after about 15 tries. Oh, I forgot to mention. Over Christmas break the MBA students had a competition for the best mustache. So a lot the students grew beards over break. Then they had judges decide who had the best mustache. Nels liked his beard so he decided to keep it and didn't shave it into a mustache. The school newspaper wrote a piece about it. Here's the link. Nels humored me and let me take a couple of mug shots of what his beard looks like today.

Well, I think that's about all. I'll post again when we do something exciting...which may be a while. : )
3 comments:
oh, these pictures are so cute! well, except for the ones of Nels with a hairy face, those kinda freak me out! haha, jk.
Yep you are FINALLY added to the wagner's circus! I don't know if you want to be on that band wagon... but you are!!!! LOL talk to you soon!
steph
Hi Princess,
This is so wonderful. Thank you for taking time to do this.
Your hair is so long and so pretty!
Has Nels shaved yet???
I love you, both.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment