Nels and I met 5 years ago today! Here's the story.
We were both attending BYU and it was an E-Business seminar. I was speaking with a recruiter from Cisco. Nels was there for the pizza, but eventually wandered over to the recruiting tables to get some free tchotchkes. After I was done speaking with the recruiter I turned around and started to walk away. Nels decided not to speak with the recruiter but instead came up behind me, tapped me on the shoulder and asked, "So are you in the business school?"
With that question, we plunged into an hour long conversation. I still remember how good looking Nels looked in his Abercrombie long sleeved T-shirt and long highlighted hair. After talking about school, where we were from and other things I decided that I needed to go and said, "well, nice to meet you." I was a couple of steps up the stairs when Nels said, "Wait! Can I get your phone number." "No," I said. Then I changed my mind when I saw his sad, sweet eyes. I gave him my number and then went to the library. I didn't get home until midnight (because I was on a date with another guy). When I got home my roommate said that Nels had called around 4 pm which was 2 hours after we met! I called him back from the library the next day. After another hour long conversation, which was pretty amazing because the phones in the library are supposed to only be for 10 minutes, Nels asked me out on a date for that night. So that's how we met 5 years ago.
3 comments:
Why'd you say no, ya big meanie?!
I was playing hard to get, heehe.
haha, that is a funny story! congrats!
Post a Comment