Sunday, December 2, 2007

Catch up on Thanksgiving

Well, I haven't updated about Thanksgiving. The first great thing was that it snowed for the first time while we were up in Valparaiso. We tried to take a picture while it was snowing, but you can't really see the snowflakes. But it snowed quite a bit as you can see from the accumulation on the barbecue. Of course, it's not like an Idaho snow, but it still set the mood for Thanksgiving.


Here's Anna-Lisa cooking in the kitchen. She cooked a ton! We all went in and out of the kitchen helping to prepare the meal, but Anna-Lisa stayed the whole time! She's great!




I caught Nels actually reading his Economics book on Thanksgiving day! I kind of made fun of him for reading it, so he stopped and helped make the pies. It was a lot more fun when he wasn't reading! I guess you can take the boy out of school, but you can't take the school out of the boy....well you know what I mean.

After dinner Nels challenged his parents to a checker match. Nels loves playing checkers. He plays online often. He won both games he played with his mom and dad.



We did go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. We did not go at 4 a.m. or any time in the morning. We went in the afternoon up to Michigan City to the outlets. We had a good time and bought a few things. That about sums up our Thanksgiving. I can't believe it is already December. Yesterday, I put up our few Christmas decorations and burned a Christmas scented candle. Well, that's all for now.

2 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

Nels doing Econ reading. Sure, that is a posed shot if I ever saw one. J/K

Thanks for inviting us on Saturday, we had fun even if it was cold.

D said...

Looks like fun! Reading economics on Thanksgiving, that sounds like something I would catch Del doing. Either that or looking up multi-million dollar properties that he wants to buy. :) Boys!