Friday, December 23, 2022

November Moments

Little moments in November
Just sitting on the couch together...Sofie is pretending to sleep.
So cute.
Sofie loves her panda hat.  I'm so glad I made it for her.
After halloween store.  They played store for several hours and for a few days.  Lots of sorting and negotiating.  

Isak was sick with a fever and throwing up.  He finally zonked out on the rocking chair.  
You have to be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.  So Isak got to spend the day at home with me.  He played with cards and just rested most of the day.  

Helpers in the kitchen.  Making sure I make mac and cheese the right way.  
One morning the kids begged for waffles.  Sofie even pulled out the waffle irons for me.  :)  So I made heart, circle and square waffles.  They loved them. 


More card playing.
Another design.  We also watched a youtube video about a card stacking guy.  He's built all sorts of sculptures and buildings out of cards.  
Dinner with the kiddos.  Nels is often home past dinner time.  Sometimes I eat with the kids and sometimes I eat later with Nels.  Tonight I ate my homemade lasagna soup and cornbread with the kids.  They all tried the food.  Noah especially liked the noodles in the soup.  
This photo cracks me up.  Kira's holding Sofie Panda's leash.  I remember when my little sister Jenny loved to pretend she was a puppy and I was her owner.  Memories.  
Noah earned Baxter's Pack award for good behavior.  So proud of him!
Brothers.  💙
November 14, Isak was playing football at recess.  A boy threw the ball very hard and very close to Isak.  He tried to catch it but it just jammed his pinky instead. When he got home, his pinky was swollen and sore.  We waited to see if the swelling would go down.  The next morning, his pinky was still swollen.  So I made an appointment for him.  X-rays...
Here's his swollen pinky.
After 3 hours, and two doctors and a set of x-rays, we learned that his pinky was broken and also at an angel.  So we left the orthopedics office with a splint and another appointment in a couple of days to see if it was healing ok or if he would need surgery to fix the angel of his pinky.   Rough day for Isak boy.  My parents were so sweet and texted him and sent him a $15 amazon gift card to help with the healing.  He was pretty excited about that and it definitely helped!!
Here's my Kira.  She loves origami.  She's folded over a hundred creations.
She's folded unicorns, popsicles, candy boxes, hearts, stars, lots of different animals, pinwheels, different types of boxes.  She just loves it and she loves to share her creations and to teach others (her friends at recess) how to fold paper.
My friend and I volunteered at Feed America First.  We packed food into crates. 

Then we put food into trucks as they drove through the line.  I put cereal in the trucks.  It was a neat experience and I really enjoyed it.  I liked getting to know the other volunteers too.
The kids contributed all of the M&Ms from halloween and we made cookies.
Sofie loved watching the cookies bake.
Mmmm. So yummy.

A napping Isak.

Nels bought a new amp for his guitar.  An early Christmas present for himself.  :)

We brought out the old fashioned air popper and the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Then we watched the Mysterious Benedict Society on Disney.
My sweet mom sent me the paper pumpkin Christmas card kit.  Kira and Isak helped me make the cards.  So fun!
Here's Isak and Kira enjoying the maps puzzle and flags that they got for their birthdays.
Nels and Isak went on an outing together.  Isak chose Cracker Barrel and he didn't want to order from the kids menu either!  So he had hot chocolate, pancakes, bacon and eggs. 
Nels said he ate most of it too.
Sofie made a super hero cape out of some tissue paper she found.  :)
Rainy day...I stayed inside the house and watched the kids walk from the bus to the house in the rain.  
On Fridays, Sofie and Noah's teacher send home all of the papers they worked on during the week.  So we sit together and look through all of their hard work.  We make two piles.  Keep or throw away.  Isn't Sofie so cute?
Isak spent his birthday money from his friends and family on this hand lego set.  He wanted me to take photos of it being built in stages...

All done!  Also, see the cast on his hand.  They took the splint off and put this orange cast on him.  I bought a waterproof cast protector for his arm so he could easily shower by himself.  It was well worth the $15 so we didn't have to put a trash bag over his arm and tape it up!
Here's Noah just hanging out in the laundry basket with his favorite huge stuffed animal Stitch.
Noah was thrilled when Nels picked him up and spun around.
We went back to the Orthopedics office and they took off Isak's cast to see how it was healing.  No surgery needed.  It's healing great!  Yay!
He got a blue cast this time.
I'm trying to help the kids get more fruit and vegetables in their diet.  They all like my spinach smoothie.  Spinach, apples, bananas and oranges.  If I have pineapple I put that in there too.  Just a little water.  Vitamixes are awesome.
Here's my sweet mom.  I bought her this teddy bear.  I just thought it would be fun/comforting for her to hold as she goes through her health issues.  Thankfully, she loves it.  She named him Cuddles.  I'm glad it's bringing her happiness.    
She even took Cuddles to Utah with her when she went to help my sister with her baby Lydia.  Aren't they the cutest?!
Church Snuggles.
After Thanksgiving, we wear Christmas colors. :)
Another Stamping up Christmas kit from my mom!

Aren't they cute cards.
I used the tags on some gifts.  So fun!
As you can see...November has merged into December and the Christmas season has begun!

It was a nice November though.  Kira and Isak turned 10.  We had two birthday parties.  We went on some adventures and had some quality time as a family.  Isak broke his pinky.  We've been sick and we've been healthy.  We've relaxed, we volunteered, we worked and we've had fun.  That's all for November.

No comments: