Friday, August 24, 2018

Happy Fourth of July!

The Sunday before the Fourth of July, I tried to dress patriotically with Kira.  Every time I wear this dress I remember the next picture...
Taken in July of 2015...three years ago.  Oh Kira's sad face.  haha.  
She was a lot happier today and she loves to give me kisses.
Honestly, not much happened.  It was month end for Nels, so he worked from home.  He started early in the morning and finished around eleven a.m.  I worked out and got everyone ready for the day.  We wore our red, white and blues.  I asked them to take a few pictures...haha. Some are pretty cute.




They look so grown up at age five.

This is the best one of Sofie and Noah!  It's a cute one, I think.
Captured Kira being sweet and giving Noah a kiss on the head.


Father and son.
Mother and daughter.
We ate some lunch, organized the garage and took naps.  Then we drove to Red Robin for some dinner.  On the way there, Nels was the DJ and played America songs.  It was so fun to belt out some of our favorite songs.  "I'm Proud to be an American!  Where at least I know I'm free..."  

Red Robin was under staffed and SO slow.  It took forever to get our food.  Here's us waiting...
Once the food came, it was delicious and we enjoyed it.  Noah loved the mac n cheese.  We splurged and finished up the meal with Mississippi Mud Pie.  Of course, the fun continued at home with all four kids playing with the four Red Robin balloons.  :)  Off to bed.  No fireworks, but we learned later the firework shows were cancelled due to weather.  So I'm glad we didn't try to go!  

And that was our day---Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: