Sunday, April 10, 2016

Our Date In the City

Nels was able to take work off a lot of days in December.  So one day off, we dropped the twins off at Nels's parents house and drove to the big city...Salt Lake City.  It was so wonderful to be alone together for a while!  We both enjoyed it.  Our first stop was lunch because we were starving.  We went to The Cheesecake Factory.  We shared a plate of steak because their servings are huge and we shared a huge piece of cheesecake.  

Here's Nels waiting for his lunch at the restaurant.  Isn't he handsome?!
And here's the Hershey Bar Chocolate Cake Cheesecake.
Together we barely finished it off!  During this time in my pregnancy I was craving chocolate cake all of the time.  So this definitely satisfied my craving. :)
Then we did a session in the Salt Lake Temple.  I loved being in the temple together.
I think I was about 16 weeks pregnant here.
The temple is just beautiful and ornate.
And Tall.   I barely got the Angel Moroni in at the top.
After attending the temple, we shopped around City Creek Mall.  We found this little fireplace and sat down and relaxed for a few minutes.
The lights came on.  We invited Nels's parents to come with the kids to walk around temple square.
It was freezing.  And Kira was pretty much not happy the whole time.  Poor girl.

Not the best pictures...but you get the idea.

Walking through the lights and seeing the different nativities was incredible.

Nels with the strollers.  I ended up carrying Kira most of the time to help her to be warm...and happy.
At least Isak had a pretty good time. :)
It was a wonderful Christmas date.

No comments: