And now for the random pictures of November.
We went to Kneader's one day for lunch. Wow. It's a crowded place. Someone doesn't do very well with crowds. But we did our best to have a good time. Isak is really branching out and trying new foods. I love it! He ended up eating quite a bit of his daddy's sandwich, much to daddy's surprise.
Since it was November, we thought we should start buying the kids some winter attire. The first thing we bought were these waterproof mittens from Costco. The kids were so funny. They wanted to wear them whenever they went outside for a while.
"This is how you sit for a picture." That's what Isak is thinking...heehee.
It was a sunny day...
We spent quite a bit of time at the BYU Bookstore helping Nels purchase all of the BYU clothing he could possibly want. :) Luckily, there is a section where the kids can read old books and play with huge stuffed animals.
Here's Kira just reading to her new giant horsey friends.
Isak reading a book too.
Kira has started asking, "take a picture of me." When she thinks she is being cute. heehee. So this is one of those times. She was pretending to sleep with all of her blankets.
One of our big outings for the month was a soccer game! We all went to the Women's BYU soccer game. It was quite the outing. We had just potty trained the kids a week before. And so we spent a lot of time in the port a potties. haha.
They played Utah Valley.We were happy that we did see the one goal scored by BYU for the win...1 to 0.
This is how Kira felt about the whole thing.
I tried to help her to be happy though and we all did have a fun time. I sure enjoyed seeing some soccer!
Nels got to go to a BYU football game with his dad. And he got to ride in his dad's Jeep. It was a pretty good day for Nels!
A lazy morning relaxing on the couch. They actually sat near each other!Another time at the BYU Bookstore...Kira riding her horse.
Best pic I could get of Isak.
Kira pushing her hair back...when she doesn't keep her bow in her hair...it's a mess.
I don't really remember what happened. But they purposefully made a mess. So I purposefully made them clean it up. They actually did a good job too.
Just hanging out together.
Another, "will you take my picture?"
Isak needed one too.
Isak and Kira riding the Bear.
Kira was eating yogurt and made a mess. She happily explained, "I'm a Messy Mouse."
Ever since their birthdays and blowing out candles they like to have candles in their muffins.
They even ask me to sing "Happy Birthday" and then they blow it out.
I am making a quilt for both kids. Isak loves the tractor material and stole the squares. He made his own blanket...since I wasn't fast enough. haha.
Eat your vegetables daddy. :)
"take my picture." Another pretend sleeping picture.
And our biggest accomplishment for the month of November...both kids are potty trained! This is the only pic I took of the crazy event...they sure look cute in their underpants. I won't go into the long story of potty training. But I will give a short summary. I did a 3 day potty training. The first day was incredibly awful! The second day, I was in the ER and my mother-in-law helped out. She said they did well. Day 3 we had no accidents. And we continued to all improve. Knock on wood, they even do well at night. I am just happy to be done with it. :) I think I was dreading potty training from the day they were born. haha.
Combing daddy's hair fancy. That's what they say...fancy. :)
Blue tongue from a dum dum.
Thanksgiving came and went. Sadly, Kira and I got really sick. So Nels took Isak to his parents and they helped put up the Christmas tree. We had put ours up the day after Thanksgiving too. Isak loved putting ornaments on the tree.
Far Far helping Isak.
Poor Kira. One day she was crawling up the stairs and goofing around. Her arm slipped out from under her and she got a huge floor burn on her chin. We put a bandaid on her chin...it wore her out and she fell asleep on the couch sitting up.
The kids decided it would be lots of fun to dump all of their toys into a laundry basket and then sit on it. Silly kids.
And that's November. Potty training, birthdays, thanksgiving, soccer game and lots of pretend sleeping pictures. :)






















No comments:
Post a Comment