Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Jerry's Sno Cones

One Saturday evening we ventured out with my co-work Nancy to Jerry's Sno Cones.  I had read an article about Jerry's in a newspaper.  The article stated it was a Memphis gem and historic site.  So by all means, we thought we better try it. 
I also learned that the building was painted bright colors because it was in the movie "Great Balls of Fire."  Jerry's is tucked away in a neighborhood which also adds to its uniqueness.

Here's a few pictures:

Nels didn't know I was taking this picture. :)

Nancy hates to have her picture taken.  So when I said, "1, 2, 3" she tried to duck out.  But I got half of her. :)  Next time I won't count.
The line wasn't too bad.  I've heard it's been wrapped around the building!  
I like the Polar Bear:
And here are our sno cones...with soft serve ice cream! 
Nels and his funny face:
See the stormy clouds behind us.  We just finished before the rain started...maybe that's why there wasn't a long line.

Verdict:  Nels and I were split on this one. 
Nels ordered the Wedding Cake with chocolate ice cream.  The wedding cake sno cone is one of their top selling sno cones.  So Nels tried it to see what it was all about.  It came out red, which threw him off.  Because it literally tastes like vanilla wedding cake.  It was too sweet for Nels and he did not like it.
I, on the other hand, ordered my favorite combination of raspberry sno cone and chocolate ice cream.  Mine was delicious! 
We both felt it was a little far to drive for a treat, but if you're in the area I think it's worth going to.

No comments: