Thursday, September 20, 2012

Uncle Lou's

The first week in August, Nels and I headed to Uncle Lou's Famous Fried Chicken.  This Memphis restaurant was featured on the show Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives.  So we were pretty excited to try it.

Here's a few pictures of our adventure:
The menu:  You could even order a 1 1/2 lbs Ultimate Monster Cheeseburger for only $8.48!  That's a lot of meat!
 The cup says "Sweet Spicy Love."  That's their signature style of chicken.
 I tried fried okra for the first time.  It doesn't have much flavor...I like fried dill pickles better.  I ordered the chicken and Nels got a Honey Dipped Smoke Sausage Sandwich.
 I'm trying to imitate Nels's Dinosaur face...I need to keep working on that!

I'm about 23 weeks along here.
Verdict:  We both enjoyed the chicken.  But we like Gus's Fried Chicken better.  I have to say the service was excellent.  The people working there are Super Sweet Southerners!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

People keep telling us we need to try this place because it is better than Gus'... but now I see that you do not agree with that. I guess we will still have to try it and see what we think. :)