Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Other Days in Minnesota

Here are some other pictures from my trip, I wish I had taken more!

Here's Cami in front of her house...notice the snow!


Daniel and Clara all buckled in and ready for our next adventure.  They were such good sports!

Sunday we went to church and relaxed and talked and ate yummy fajitas and ice cream!
Then Monday we went to the Mayo Clinic.  Cami's husband John is attending medical school there.
Let me just say that I was super impressed with the Mayo Clinic.  What a great place to learn, receive medical care and to heal.
We took a tour, so the next photos are from the tour.
One of the first Ambulances, it even had a stretcher in the back.
The founders of the Mayo Clinic believed that music and art helped the healing process.  So they had an art gallery and throughout the building art was displayed.
Below is art hanging from the ceiling.
They had several grand pianos throughout.  This one was in the main foyer.  As we were leaving they were singing "How Great Thou Art."  Beautiful.
I also learned that there are 5 miles of underground walkways that connects all of the medical buildings together.  They call it the Subway. 
After the tour Cami dropped me off at the airport. 
Here's our last picture.  Thanks for the wonderful time Cami!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Thanks for coming Becky! Love you!