Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Shelby Farms

One Saturday Nels dusted off our bikes, filled the tires with air and got them all ready for us to ride.  He put the bike rack on the car and we set off on our bike riding adventure.  We went to Shelby Farms which is just outside the city of Memphis. 
Here's Nels (Yes, we're still in the parking lot. :)
Me...I wore pig tails just for Nels.  Funny...pig tails...that's what they are called right?
Here's some of the trail.

Nels wanted to do some rugged biking so I thought sure.  Well, my bike is a hybrid and does NOT like tree roots, tight turns or steep hills.  So after a bit we had to turn around and go back.  This is the wider trail below...you can't really tell the steepness or bumpiness.  The below pictures are pretty mild, so imagine later the trail narrowing down to the bicycle's tire width and being bumpy, tight turns up and down.  So as you can see I, (I mean) my bike couldn't handle it. :)
So we went on a paved trail that circled around the farm. 
I turned around and snapped this photo.  My favorite one from the day.  I love the tree and the sunbeams.
A little lake:
Me, happily on the paved trail.  Yah, no more tree roots!
It was nice to get away for an hour and be in nature. :)

1 comment:

alyssa said...

That looks like so much fun! We'll have to check it out one day!