Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Lucky Seventh Place to Live

We are finally going to get a house! A real house. No landlords, no loud or stinky neighbors, no more overpriced rent. We even got to choose the location, the flooring, the cabinetry, the bathroom layouts, and the exterior and floor plan. Yep, we're building it. Well, we're not; we wouldn't even know how to put up the first wall, but you know what we mean. So, hopefully, you'll check out the pictures below.


Below is the house that we'll build on the lot above. We will have this same layout (not flip-flopped).

This is a view of the entry way.

This is a view of the living room. BUT, imagine the ceiling being ten feet higher and 3 matching windows above the 3 shown here. That's how our house will be. Also, no sliding glass door; we like the normal glass door better.

Looking into the dining area from the living room. Perfect area to set out a huge game of Settlers or Carcassone or Ticket to Ride. Oh, and we'll eat there, too.

Whoever's cooking can watch the activity in the living room, so she (he?) won't feel left out.

We're not sure what color cabinetry/counter tops we want yet, so let us know your thoughts. (Stainless steel appliances are available, but we like the white best anyway.) Also, we'll have another window on that big empty wall in the corner.

Upstairs, there are 2 'so far' spare rooms (which share a bathroom) and a master bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, a master bath (with a garden tub, a stand-up shower, and TWO sinks).

These are the exterior color choices. The jury has yet to reach a final verdict in this department also, so tell us what you think.

We will be going with one of these brick colors, though.

This is our "cool-feel" color scheme. Cabinetry color may change. But, we only like the flooring colors shown in these two pictures.

This is our "warm-feel" color scheme.

Ok, now let us know what you think! We're expecting emails from all of you. Hopefully, you'll come visit us even if you don't get the colors you're hoping for. (We close June 15, so any moving help is appreciated.) Visiting reservations will be kept to a 'first come, first served' basis, well, unless you prefer the 'more the merrier' option. :)

7 comments:

Liz & Zac said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you! I love the style of the house too. I am all about the warm tones because it makes it more inviting, but that is just my opinion. I cant wait to see the process of your new house!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Congratulations. You guys will love owning your own home and you've obviously experienced the "picking out you're own basics" part now too. I love all the options. Great going on the door and not sliding door. Too much stuff gets stuck in the cracks. (we know). Also good job on the 2 sinks....you have no idea how valuable this will be. We didn't think it was as cool as we now know it is. Just make sure you have 2 tooth brushes, we only have 1 sonic care and just switch heads whenever the other person is brushing, we'll upgrade to 2 someday. :) Can't wait to come visit. One of the "spare" rooms can be for us when we visit. LOL (yep, that's us... always inviting ourselves to other peeps homes, but that's only because we hope you know you can always stay with us.)

Michael Judson said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait for you to move in to it. I want to come and visit you!!

Kari and Jared said...

So exciting! The house looks beautiful and you will love the tall ceiling. Keep us updated.

Heather said...

I love the floorplan! You will love it- and I agree on the stainless steel. Everyone seems to like it, but I don't, so I'm glad I'm not alone! Wish we could be there to play Ticket to ride! I never realized you guys were gamers!

Clark Winegar said...

Dude, sorry it took me so long to come check out this post. Life has been just a little crazy lately. What will be your new house looks awesome. How big is that lot? It looks pretty sizable. You guys really need to upgrade to Cities and Knights of Cattan; way more fun. :) Also, are you playing the European or North American version of Ticket To Ride? We miss playing games with you guys. Well, congrats! Let us know when you get all settled in. Maybe we'll come visit and bring you a housewarming gift. Also, don't believe Linda on the whole toothbrush thing. It's not really a big deal cause I don't brush. :)

Whitney said...

Hey we were needing a vacation spot this summer. Sounds fun! How exciting. I didn't know you were doing this. Good Luck!