Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

My happy day started on May 30. It was my last day of work. When I got to work my boss Mary and the person that I was training-Myra, took me out to eat breakfast. Then at 10:30 a.m. Krannert had a reception for me. We ate cake and lots of people came and said good bye to me. Pretty cake huh?Then Cindy and Jen took me out to eat lunch. I ate a lot of sweets that day. The best news came after lunch when Nels gave me a call and said that he was given a job offer from International Paper and the position is in Indianapolis. Yippee! So that's our big news. We're moving really soon and we're both way excited. That's why I haven't updated in a while. We decided to rent an apartment instead of buying a house because we may be moved to a different location after two years. (Nels' position is part of a leadership development program.) So we found a cute apartment that is 12-15 minutes from Nels' work. I'll take pictures once we get all moved in.
So the next couple of weeks are going to be a whirlwind, but I'll update again as soon as possible.

3 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

I'm glad you had a great last day and am sad to see you move (but at least you're not too far away.

Lora said...

Yipee!! Your only 3 hours from us!! We'll have to definatly get together very soon!! Congrats Nels on the job, that rocks!

Rachel said...

Off to start another adventure, I see! Fun! Are you going to get another job after you move? How long do you guys plan on staying there?