Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

As of June 21, 2008 Nels and I have been married for 5 years. Wow! Time has flown by and it truly has been wonderful. To celebrate this happy occasion we decided to splurge and go to the Melting Pot restaurant. It's a fondue restaurant. We got there at 5 pm and didn't finish until 7 pm! The meal begins with a cheese fondue that you dip vegetables, apples, bread and chips in. Then the salad comes. Then you pick an "Entree cooking style" that you cook your vegetables and a platter of meat in. The platter of meat has Filet Mignon, Sirloin, Chicken, Marinated Pork Tenderloin, and Shrimp. Last, but definitely not least, comes the chocolate dessert fondue that you dip strawberries, bananas, marshmellows, cheesecake, rice crispy treats and brownies in. The first time we ate at the Melting Pot was when we got engaged. I remember we ordered all of the "safe" stuff. But this year we were adventurous and it tasted even better.

The first time we were there we ordered plain chedder cheese fondue, a vegetable broth and milk chocolate for the fondues. This year we ordered the spinach artichoke cheese fondue, a
Caribbean-seasoned bouillon, and the flaming turtle for the chocolate fondue. It was called the flaming turtle because they make it with milk chocolate, caramel and chopped pecans. Then they flambé the fondue right at your table. It's pretty cool. You can kind of see the flame in this picture.

We had a great time cooking the food, eating it and just hanging out together.

Here's a couple of things that I love and appreciate about Nels and why I am so happy that we are married.

I love how Nels still opens the car door, front door, any door for me, no matter where we are or where we are going. He's still a gentleman.

Nels is always telling me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me. I think he's told me at least one or both of those things every day.

For the past two years, Nels has made me pancakes every Sunday and every time I ask nicely for them. : )

He's kept his promise of keeping the freezer stocked with ice cream.

Nels writes little love notes to me and puts them in my lunch sack. I have a big stack of them that I have collected over the years.

Well, these are little things, but they sure do mean a lot to me. I'm looking forward to the next five years and I hope we can make them as memorable as the last five.

5 comments:

Kari and Jared said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry I didn't say anything on the phone today. It sounds like you had a fun time. Your hair is really long!

The Holdaway's said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lora said...

I love your wed. picture! You both look so cute! Happy Anniversary!

Steve and Katrina said...

Have you guys moved yet? Hope you found a nice place in Indy. Enjoy Nels' last two weeks of freedom.

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary! Tait and I celebrate ours in a just a few weeks and we will be at our 5 year anniversary... boy time flies... Have you moved to indy yet?